Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My best trip to the beach

I just got out of bed and realised that it was New Year. I got ready my dad told me that we were going to the beach with Astha and her family. I wasn’t that excited because last time we went to the beach it was freezing. I started to pack. I packed a pair of googles and a boogey board to ride the waves. The beaches name was Muriwai. It was my second time I was going to Muriwai beach the only diffrence was that this time we were going to swim.



An hour after we left we reached the beach. I hopped out of our blue car and ran to the sand it didn’t take me long to realise that this wasn’t normal sand it was hot burning sand I ran to the water to cool feet down.My dad told my sister, Kriti and me we were only allowed to get our feet wet for now and we would swimming later. He didn’t want us to get cold.



Later Kriti and I really wanted to go in the water I started to beg my father he said “yes”. Kriti and me were really excited we started to jump up and down.”But”! “We have to have lunch first” said dad. That made us sad because we weren’t the type of people that liked waiting all the time.



My father started to look for a place to eat. When he had found a spot I got embarrassed because it was under a bunch of trees and worst of all it was in the car park another thing it made me feel was scared because what if a bug crawls into my food just before I take a bite! When my mum took out the baked potatoes I forgot about everything I had said in in my head because I had always loved baked potatoes because it had a delicious cheesy taste to it .




After lunch it was time to play in the water. I quickly changed into my swimming suit. I grabbed the boogey board that I had packed and ran past the hot sand and into the water to surf the waves.The first one I surfed was boring but when I got to my 3rd turn the wave took me all the way back to the sand And the cool thing was that it was my fist time boogey boarding!



A couple of hours later, I got cold. I went to my parents and buried myself to keep warm. My sister found two perfect shells. I was starting to get bored. I had hardly anything to do. I was too cold to make a sand castle and far to cold to go back to the water. I was super, duper bored.



One hour before we left, we were given a free ice-block it was tropical flavour and we got a picture taken with us enjoying our ice-blocks. When it was time to leave,I was sad. I got into the car and thought about all the fun we had.


By:Neha Chetty

No comments:

Post a Comment