Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Devonport Holiday

The car was boiling hot like the Sahara Desert and very muggy. I was waiting for my parents to come into the car, so we could start the journey to Devonport. At the end of the year my family and my friends other families go to a beach all the time. Usually on the 30th January or the 31st. By the time we got there, we had to wait for 10 long minutes until the families came. Faith, my friend came out of her car and I rushed to her saying “Oh my gosh! Hi! When are you going to change into your swimsuit?” I felt pretty excited that we were going to swim soon! Little did I know, we had to eat first! Hmm I was feeling kind of hungry. My other friends Lourdes and Nicholas came wearing their swimsuits underneath their tops. When they came I rapidly changed into my swimsuit and we all started eating.


As I ate some chicken, my tummy was filling with excitement! I ate about four small chicken legs, somehow this made me feel sick maybe it was the excitement but I didn’t throw up. After I ate I had to look after my little sister Lexie. She is 16 months old, but she looks 2 years old! Lexie and I also played with Faith, Faith is 9 years old and she was also going to swim with me at the beach. We still had to wait for the other people to finish eating before we could swim. I felt depressed that we couldn’t go straight away.


When everyone finished eating we were free to go to the beach. I ran with my spongebob boogie board. The sand felt weird beneath my feet, it felt slushy, it had brown wavy lines that looked like slugs slithering across the ground. I panicked “Faith Is this sinking sand?” I shouted. “No it’s just normal sand!”Replied Faith. Phew! At least I don’t have to be anxious so much anymore.


The sprinkles of rain turned into heavy rain, while I was a spinning in circles. The beach was low tide, there was no water at shore so we marched on and on, to see if the water would get deeper. It was like marching up the Ninety mile beach! We came to an end when the water was up to our ankles. I could barely see the sand. We didn’t notice that there was a dangerous rip ahead. “Sigh” it’s getting quite boring, I was just about to go ahead, but all of a sudden I stepped on the tip of a rock!”OWW!” I screamed. Faith turned around looking anxious and said “What’s wrong?” “I stepped on a rock, it’s ok.” I replied


While Faith and I were chatting, I realized that we were very far from shore. I felt chilly and wanted to go and roll around in the water. Then I thought that would be ridiculous. So instead I went to hunt for any sea creatures like starfishes and sea snails. But all I found was a bungle of seaweed. Yuck! I would never ever touch seaweed!


I could see people windsurfing. They did really fearful stunts like colossal flips high in the air and magnificent twirls. I wish I could windsurf. When i’m older I want to join a windsurfing competition! I also saw lots of seagulls. I got nervous because I thought that they would peck me! But it didn’t matter. Far out in the ocean there were little boats and big boats. I also saw a sail with the number 49 on it. Surprisingly there were a lot of events going on here. But it was dead quiet. It was like no one was there except the lonely beach.


After 20 minutes of playing on the beach the weather got disastrous. It was freezing like the South Pole. It was like I was in a sauna because it’s foggy, but not hot. We sat quietly watching the waves come and go and when I turned my head “SPLAT!” Unexpectedly slushy sand went on my rash shirt! This meant war! Faith and I started throwing a lot of sand around! I was in chaos! There was even sand down my rash shirt, the sand felt like rough paper against my chest rubbing every time I moved, but I knew this day would turn out great! B y L y n e t t e

No comments:

Post a Comment